Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why do I play board games?

...Because I don't have a choice. I was forced.

Ennnng! Wrong! I played board games because I enjoy and like it. Yes, I didn't start playing on my own but to make it a habit is. :) I'm not the athletic and the gamer type of girl, that's what I thought then when I opted not to join any games before. Later I realized the real reason I don't. I hate losing that's why I don't commit myself into something I'm not sure I could win.

In games, it is a rare occurrence to win but if I did, the feeling is intoxicating. It surpasses that of winning something I'm good at. That feeling is addictive. Playing board games fits that bakery tag line, "once tasted. always wanted."

I want my friends to join me on this journey but I don't know how to start. Board gaming is mostly associated to the geeky few (I'm not), I believe most of my friends aren't. I'm afraid they won't enjoy it as much as I do. But I won't quit. It is a dream to one day see all of my friends playing board game. Haha!

Why do I play board games?
Because aside from being fun, it takes away boredom. It's not popular so I pride myself to be part of the (gifted) few. Haha! And as someone said, board gaming is not for superficial (I thought I'm one) people. It needs talent, ability and a burning fire to win. And learning something new once in a while is mentally healthy. In board game, my time is well spent. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment