Monday, November 7, 2011

Experience: Pandemic

The long overdue blog. I almost forgot I miss this if not for Migo's reminder. :D Read a detailed and fun pandemic review here.

What I like about Pandemic is that it can be very challenging and thrilling at times most especially if I'm in top condition to play, which means I'm not sleepy and is playing at my own choice. Haha! You see this is really Migo's hobby and though I learn to love it already, there are those times that I didn't really want to play but still does because he likes it. This occurrence is just rare though because often times Migo is considerate, which makes me love him more and support whatever he likes.

I've played Pandemic for I think 10 times already. Win some. Loss some. Most of those are played with only 2 players, Migo and me. I noticed that without the role "Medic" in play, there's really less chance of winning. Without it, you need the exact number of actions to eliminate disease cubes in a city. If all disease cubes are used, you will lose so you really have to monitor the usage. A maximum of 3 disease cubes can exist in a city, in excess creates an "outbreak", which can infect all connecting cities and increase the "outbreak" count. Only 8 outbreaks are allowed. If you reached the 8th outbreak, you will lose. Aside from the cube and outbreak count, another area to look out for is the epidemic rate, which will determine the number of infection cards to draw. Your epidemic rate increase if you draw an epidemic card. The number of epidemic cards exist in the deck is considered the difficulty of the game. There are 6 epidemic cards.

Migo and I always played with 5 epidemic cards. We played with 6 once and lost. We have yet to conquer it. 

The object of the game is to discover the cures for all disease. You must not forget that. At times in play, you will be very busy cleaning the infected cities that you'll lose sight of it. 

Pandemic is a cooperative game that's why I didn't enjoy it as much as playing Carcassone. I like to do things on my own. I hate the collaborating part because almost always my moves are not entirely my own. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment