Sunday, November 13, 2011

Welcome batch 2!


After a long wait, Migo’s package was finally delivered last Friday. Since his excitement overwhelmed me, I just had to postpone our laag to make way for a game session.

The package like the batch 1 has 3 games, which makes Migo’s collection into 6. The games were Ticket to Ride, Last Night on Earth and Race to the Galaxy. The boxes of Ticket to Ride and Last Night on Earth had the same size, while the box of Race to the Galaxy is the same as the box of Carcassone of batch 1.

Migo and his new toys!

Migo invited some friends to welcome batch 2. But before that, he wants us to understand and play them first. I promised him that I should be the one to read the game setup of Ticket to Ride but it didn’t happen. I was happy that because of his excitement, he did it himself. Beginner’s luck was on me for I win the first game of Ticket to Ride.

No sweat!
I won!
Hahahahaha!
The look of defeat! 

The next target is Last Night on Earth. We were not able to play the game as planned because Migo had a hard time getting the feel of the game because he hasn’t slept yet. 

Unwrapping!


When our friends arrived, we had the 1st game of Last Night on Earth. Migo plays the zombie role. PJ, Dhunve and I play the heroes. I play 2 heroes, the Sheriff and Sally. PJ plays Father John. Dhunve plays Johnny. For this game, the ideal setup would be to have 1 zombie player and 4 hero player. Since PJ had some errands to do, Victor assumes his role. We played the scenario “Die Zombies! Die”. The game play is that the zombie and the heroes will fight each other. Heroes won if they can kill 15 zombies. Zombies won if they can kill 2 heroes. There is a sundown tracker too, heroes lose if the tracker will reached maximum. Zombies won in this game which can be attributed to Migo’s superb ability in handling dice which most of us suck.
Migo explaining the game rules.
Enjoying the game.
The best zombie ever!
The best hero ever!
Johnny!

The next game was Ticket to Ride. Migo won the game with a whooping score of 155. I got 100. Dhunve got 99. Victor lost with 56 points due to some 30 points deduction for not completing his tickets.
Finally, I have my face!
We had dinner at Siomayan sa Tisa after. When we came back, we played Carcassone. It was Dhunve’s first time. PJ won the game. Victor lost again. After the game, Dhunve left.
The Gays!
Complete!

We played Ticket to Ride again for PJ’s sake. And beginner's luck was on him. Booo! I forgot who lose. I think it’s still Victor. Hmmmm!

PJ wants to play Last Night on Earth since he wasn’t able to finish the first game. This time he takes the zombie role. Victor, Migo and I play the heroes. We won because of PJ’s ultimate failure at handling dice. Yahooo!

The next game was still Last Night on Earth since Victor wanted to play the zombie this time. I was sleepy that I asked Migo to play my hero.  

By morning, Migo told me that after the game with Victor as zombie, PJ and he played Race to the Galaxy four times. He won thrice. PJ won once. Victor was sleeping soundly by this time.  They left at around 6 AM.

I have yet to play Race to the Galaxy maybe soon because Migo really wants me to try. I’m contented with not knowing how to play it though because I really feel it would be difficult. Hmmmm!

To have an idea of how each game is played just stay tuned for the detailed blog on each. 

More pictures here.

1 comment:

  1. [...] addictive. Don’t commit if you’re not ready. Haha! I remembered blabbering about the 2nd batch. It was christmas holidays when he received the 3rd batch so I wasn’t able to blog about it. [...]

    ReplyDelete