Monday, June 11, 2012

When the Boyfriend becomes a Gamer


You might have heard how couples end up fighting because of games (can be online, card or anything). Most girls rant how the game becomes a priority.  Saturday chill with boyfriend becomes a lonely Saturday at home watching chick flick because the boyfriend is either playing his beloved game or sleeping because he just spent the night with it.  So-so!
I don’t want any of that struggle so when the boyfriend told me he wanted to buy board games, I immediately object. But he was persistent. I got tired of the constant ramblings so I agreed.
I didn’t want to compete with his time, or make the board games get in the way of our perfect relationship so I choose to become a gamer.
It was hard considering it’s my first time playing board games. Learning the rules in each new game was a constant struggle. But seeing him smile at my efforts was what I needed to keep me moving forward.
It’s been 9 months since I’ve become a gamer because my boyfriend becomes one. I don’t have any regrets. And if ever, he’d like to learn another hobby or anything, I surely won’t have 2nd thoughts of doing what I did again.

For the boreds on Wednesday night... 
You can join our board game session! :) 
Pan de Manila, eBloc, IT Park! 
7 PM - 12 AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment