Friday, June 8, 2012

Race to the Alien Frontiers

Amongst the current collection, there are 2 games I like playing but cannot play on a regular basis. These games are usually Migo and I's pick on our private game sessions. :D Read on to know the reasons why we can't play this on a regular basis on board game weekends or night.

 Versus 


These games both need extra effort to learn and to play. And if we're to bring them to our sessions, it will took most of our time. We don't want that.

It took me 5 games to finally understood Race for the Galaxy but when I did, the feeling was just amazing. Before that happens, I almost quit playing because I can't win RFTG. Haha! And if you've read all my post, so you probably know how I hate losing. :P

For Alien Frontiers, I learned on the first game but slooowly. It took me some minutes to organize my moves and execute my plan. Thanks to my playmates for being very understanding and patient.

The 2 have the same premise...space, resource management and gathering victory points. It needs an amount of strategy and brain power to win. For RFTG, you can plan your strategy on the long term. For AL, you need short term strategy or tactics. You manipulate cards in RFTG, dice for AL. I'm not a fan of dice so I don't really like playing AL at first.

If there's a grade in gaming, these games are for intermediate players. Ticket to Ride, Carcassone and Survive are for beginners.

Even if I already played this game number of times, I can't really say that I'm good at this and that I know what I'm going to do always...these games are just too mind boggling. So if you want to test if you're already an intermediate player, try playing these games. If you won't find them exciting, then maybe you still need a little push. Hehe!


For the boreds on Wednesday night... You can join our board game session! :) Naa ra mi pirmi sa Pan de Manila sa eBloc, IT Park! From 7 PM - 11 PM, usahay malapas! :P Dili ra mi malain if mu-try mu ug duwa... Ehehe! The more, the merrier! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment