Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ninyo's First Board Game Night


By: Nino Ian Preglo

Last June 27, I went to IT park to see old friends and meet new friends.  The attendees were composed of previous coworkers; Peter, KringKring, July, Faith, Dhunve, Charry, Grace. Charry, had invited me to join their weekly board games. I thought the games were the regular board games like chess, and snakes and ladders but I was wrong. I was introduced to highly intellectual and strategy oriented board games.

I arrived watching my friends huddled up in one table with cards in hand and strange small objects on top of the table. I watched with full interest as the game progressed and to my surprise, I was slowly engrossed. That game ended with KringKring winning. I was invited to play in the next game. I had doubts of joining, fearing that I would lose badly but I was persuaded to join with Peter playing as the banker and my special advisor. The games we played were extraordinary and needed a sense of strategy for each player to get the top spot. Unfortunately, I was not able to win any of the games but I really liked the games as they are both fun and interesting. I am excited to join the next session and hopefully get the top spot. I am not sure if KringKring or July is keeping scores but I can be proud of my 2nd place score in TTR and 4th place in  Airplanes.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For the boreds on Wednesday night... You can join our board game session! :) Naa ra mi pirmi sa Pan de Manila sa eBloc, IT Park! From 7 PM - 11 PM, usahay malapas! :P Dili ra mi malain if mu-try mu ug duwa... Ehehe! The more, the merrier! :D

1 comment: