Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Curious Passersby

One time while we were playing "Survive", someone approach us and asked what we were playing. I answered "Survive". I thought it's a pretty lame answer. I should have told him something more and not just telling him the name as if he can't read that in the game box. But I was busy playing then. I couldn't just stop and entertain a curious passersby, right?

Wrong. I should have done something to make him interested. If I really want to create an awareness of hobby gaming in Cebu then I should go out of my comfort zone. I should learn how to keep a curious passersby's interest. I should be more assertive in convincing people to play. The problem is...I don't know how to do that. Most of the gamers today are my friends. Though it was also hard to bring them into this but the friendship we shared created a pass to make it easier. One time, I thought they're into this because I want them to (and because I'm a little 'kulit'). Later on, I realized they're not. They're really enjoying it. Maybe not as much as I do, but they are.

I still have more friends that have yet to join a board gaming session. I was thinking of giving each one of them the chance to learn and embrace something new. Now, I don't. I've realized that this is not for everyone. To love and appreciate this hobby, you need to have 'something' for it. And as someone said, this is not for the superficial ones. 

I still don't know how to keep this hobby amongst the people I've shared it with. I don't know if I can keep it myself either. Only one thing is clear to me as of this moment, I love playing...and as long as I have playmates, then I won't stop.

And maybe, I'll start being an advocate of this hobby already...so the next time another curious passersby approach us, I would be ready to tour him/her around. :)

If you know something how can I be the best advocate, don't hesitate to make an advise okay?!

No comments:

Post a Comment