Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Duwatabordz Joins Trivia Night!



I hope the title next time would be "Duwatabordz Wins Trivia Night!". Wew! I went their praying we wouldn't get zero. I even prepared by reading some pop culture events on Disney. Haha! We, or rather they, surpassed my expectations. We actually got 33 points. 10 points away from the 3rd place. Yahoo! Placing 2nd to the last with some points away from the other teams was more than I expected. :) Way to go, boardgamers! I hope I could contribute a little next time. Maybe, I should harness my "tag-an2x" ability considering the memory loss I am experiencing these days. Hehehe!

To those who haven't been to Trivia Nights...let me tell you a little about it. It started some time February 2010. It is an activity where participants are quizzed on a wide-range of genres. The trivia questions can come from subjects as academic as science, geography, history, literature, language, philosophy, politics, technology, and religion. It can also cover the fields of current events, music, film, people, pop culture, and fashion or maybe just about anything under the sun. If you're well-read, well-traveled and in tune with the current events world wide, this maybe a good place for you to test whether you've retained everything you've read so far.

The boyfriend (Migo) and I started joining this event since January last year. It was Albert who convinced Migo to join at first. And like I always said, being a supportive girlfriend, I joined as well. Since then we've attended CTN  with different groups of friends.  This is my first trivia night this year, and Migo's 3rd. Our CTN activities was put in a standstill due to Migo's abnormal work schedule. When our CTN activities stopped, boardgaming comes in.

Last year Trivia Nights are held in:
Tuesday = Joker's Arms (somewhere North..Banilad)
Wednesday = Alejandro's (near Cebu Doctor's Hospital)
Thursday = Vuudu (Crossroads, Banilad)

This year, the places change but the schedule are the same.
Tuesday = Sprocket's Cafe (near Parklane Hotel Cebu. We were here last night!)
Wednesday = Alejandro's (near Cebu Baseline)
Thursday = Emerald Isle (Talamban)


Migo talked about making this our Tuesday Night habit. Hmmm! Personally, it's good but I'm concerned about the expense. I know we can have some agreement soon. Where CTN's are held is not the same as where we held our weekly boardgame night. The most we spend on our Wednesday's Board Game Night is just around a hundred pesos. Hmmm...


The score board! 
More Info on Cebu Trivia Nights:
http://theglamarazzi.com/2011/03/30/cebu-trivia-night-turns/
http://theglamarazzi.com/tag/cebu-trivia-night/
http://www.everythingcebu.com/cebu-entertainment-sports-centers/cebu-trivia-nights/


For the boreds on Wednesday night... You can join our board game session! :) Naa ra mi pirmi sa Pan de Manila sa eBloc, IT Park! From 7 PM - 11 PM, usahay malapas! :P Dili ra mi malain if mu-try mu ug duwa... Ehehe! The more, the merrier! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment